The latest technology used in construction of buildings and bridges. They are used as a major element in the composite structure. Excellent quality, high load bearing capacity, durability, faster speed of construction, etc. are some of the reasons why it is gaining popularity in the construction industry.
"Shear connector means headed steel studs. These are welded to a structural member for achieving composite action with concrete. Shear connector is one of the major elements in the composite structure."
Advantages of Shear connector
1. Shear Connectors have high load bearing capacity and offer heavy resistance for failure by shearing, in composite structure.
2. Very high rate of production can be achieved, during construction.
3. Ease of operation, during construction. No specific skill is required for welding.
4. Flexibility in design of construction.
5. Shear Connectors can be welded through Deck Sheet, to produce concrete slab.
6. Size of columns are smaller hence for given built up area we can have larger carpet area
7. Strong, durable, stable and seismic resistant.